Egg in a Hole
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt and pepper
- Non-fat cooking spray
- 1 cup berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Spread the top of each slice of bread with ¼ tablespoon each of the butter. Using a round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut a 2½- to 3-inch hole in the center of each slice of bread, reserving the cutout pieces.
- Spray a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray, over medium heat. Place the bread and the cutouts, buttered-side up, in the skillet. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until the underside of the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook the egg to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Divide the berries and yogurt between two bowls. Serve with the eggs.